Course Design - The Continuing Education program has
been redesigned to provide illuminating, invigorating, and enjoyable
by experienced instructors, using
live, interactive, online platforms (Zoom . . .) in the safety and convenience
of your own home or office. Please call (203) 431-2812 if you need information
Class sizes on Zoom are limited in order to provide Q & A and a personalized
experience. These online classes offer instructor continuity for future
in person classes.
Some courses will be held OUTDOORS when weather permits. Zoom will be a
backup for most of these classes. If a particular course does not use Zoom,
a makeup will be added to the end of the session.
For over 40 years, Ridgefield Continuing Education, a self-sustaining program
of Ridgefield Public Schools, has provided enriching courses to participants, age 18 and older, from Ridgefield and the surrounding communities. We currently provide over 100 courses (new
courses and continuing favorites) each tri - mester that have helped many people achieve success and/or relaxation, whether it be employment or language skills, healthy cooking, fitness, bridge, mah jongg, arts and crafts, gardening, guitar, or a new hobby.
During the COVID pandemic, classes are held on Zoom.
Please set aside time each week to explore something you are interested in, connect with other people and participate in an in-person, educational, self-improvement experience and then share your viewpoints with others at a coffee shop or restaurant before or after class.
The Continuing Education Center is in the Town Hall Annex. This location houses the office, day classes, the computer/technology lab and classes, and day and evening Summer classes.
• Thank you to the Ridgefield Public Schools and the Town of Ridgefield for providing our facility space and working with us.
• Thank you Sylvia Sturges and Tom Bruno for providing great cover photos.
Please keep in mind:
• Register early to increase your course choices.
• We appreciate it when you pay by check and help us keep costs down.
• Please don't bring food, specially peanuts or products including nuts
to in person classes.
• Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on school or municipal property.
• Please mark dates, time, and location on your calendar. Date and location changes will be updated on the web site and students who have provided us with legibly written phone and/or email will be notified.
Thank you for your participation.
Director of Adult Education